Print an Amarcord wedding album: 20 tips not to look like an amateur photographer
It is not the cowl that makes the monk… unless you are a wedding photographer. The way you dress, how you behave, what equipment you use will qualify you as a professional.
Do not miss this article and find out 20 simple tips to act as professional photographer.
- Your cameras must be perceived as “professional”.
- Use high-level reflex cameras.
- Bring at least two cameras and a good number of accessories, although you will not use them all.
- Your camera should not be mistaken with those used by the guests.
- A tripod, and a light source attached to the camera will give you the look of serious video maker.
- The true professional is invisible. You must know how to move, without disturbing the ceremony. A prior meeting with the priest can be useful.
- Avoid getting dressed like a “photographer”. Only amateurs exceed in multi-pocket jackets, military-style pants and similar clothes.
- The flash is little used by the amateur. Use it even in bright light to lighten the shadows.
- When you take pictures do not be invasive and do not hesitate.
- Punctuality is a true professional attitude. Be always on time.
- If you plan a photo session in your studio, prepare the set before the spouses get there.
- Before shooting portraits, explain what kind of image you want to achieve. The professional knows in advance what he wants, the amateur extemporizes.
- You’re photographing a wedding, dress in a simple but adequate way.
- Visit in advance the church and the location chosen by the spouses. The professional photographer does not leave anything to fate.
- When you have the chance, unveil some little photographic “trick” to the spouses. A true professional has always some skills to share.
- In most customers' imaginary a professional always has an assistant. If you do not have any, brings a compliant friend with you.
- Do not give the impression to delegate anything to your assistant. The true professional does not delegate, he supervises.
- Be always prepared for any unforeseen situation: schedule changes, weather conditions…
- For any shooting situation try to have an alternative. It’s always helpful to have several options.
- Respect the time of delivery.
Join Now FREE Venice Album site and provide your customers with a professional wedding album!